Monday, April 7, 2008

Shhhh, It's a Big Secret

I've been sharing this information in other ways and decided to do it in a central location. "the works," like my life, has been languishing in a manner of speaking. Since I was poisoned by pesticides in the mid- 1980s at work, too many years were spent attempting at regaining health. I may never return to my former super-healthy state due to aging alone, but I am working at it.

Ever since young adulthood, my life's purpose was silently lingering in the background. For the last few years my purpose has been slowly creeping forward, and not surprisingly, in an area of lifelong interest. I am in school to fulfill my destiny, but that will be discussed more fully on yet another blog of mine. For now, I will tackle another area of lifelong interest, one that also plays a role in my future - health.

Podcast: Health Ranger Show #22: FDA Censorship of Truthful Health Claims from NaturalNews.com

While listening to the podcast, you might peruse the following links for background information. I'm sure contradictory information can be found on almost anything...

Cherries-USDApd Cherries: Are cherries the new wonder fruit?
What are Tart Cherries?

From "Science Daily," one of my most favorite websites: Natural Painkillers And Strong Antioxidants Found In Tart Cherries

Tart Cherries May Reduce Inflammation, Lower Risk for Type 2 Diabetes & Heart Disease

Stevia.rebaudiana Stevia
Banned stevia cookbook referenced in podcast.
Background information on this natural sweetener

NebGuide discusses the advantages and disadvantages of using stevia, also known as sweet leaf, as a sugar substitute. Includes advice for its use in cooking and a few recipes.

Some online recipes using stevia

blueberries closeup0 Blueberries
are among a category of functional foods called superfruits

Why a little knowledge to some people can be very dangerous

Blueberries Found to Fight Cancer and Infection

Broccoli_GNUFreeDocLic Broccoli
Broccoli fights cancer-causing bacteria in humans

Pomegranates
Pomegranates
Pomegranate Slows Prostate Cancer

Pomegranate Seed Oil Causes Breast Cancer Cells to Self-Destruct

Pomegranate Juice May Help Fight Lung Cancer
ScienceDaily (Apr. 28, 2007) — Researchers are adding to the list of cancer types for which pomegranates seem to halt growth.
(Look for the other pomegranate versus cancer article links on that page.)

Zinc-samplepd Zinc
Zinc and Prostate Cancer


Camelliasinensis-greenteapd Green tea
Green Tea Ingredient, EGCG, Significantly Inhibits Breast Cancer Growth In Female Mice

Put the information to good use! Smoothies that are 'super' foods

No comments: